We are seeing so many innovative skincare tools, products, and techniques being introduced into the market. The skincare industry is rapidly evolving to meet the changing needs of our skin more efficiently. Cooling facial globes are one of the latest wonders of the skincare world that have become increasingly popular among skincare enthusiasts. If you aren’t familiar with what cooling facial globes are and how they work, you’re in the right place. Go ahead and give this article a read if you’re thinking about adding cooling facial globes to your skincare routine.
What is Cold Therapy?
First, let’s begin by understanding what icing or cold therapy is and why it is used. We all know about the use of ice to relieve aching muscles and speed up the body’s recovery process. This cooling technique has been used for decades, especially after heavy physical activities, such as sports and exercises. Moreover, icing has also been used on the face to reap the benefits of cold therapy. Performing skin icing properly has been known to reduce puffiness and redness, shrink pore size and accelerate blood flow.
What is a Cooling Facial Globe?
We have good news for you if you want to gain all the fantastic benefits of traditional skin icing without using ice cubes or ice water directly on your skin. Cooling facial globes are the outcome of technological advancements that allow safe and easy use of the icing technique with the help of a hand-held tool. These facial globes are made of glass and filled with a liquid or gel. The globes work by combining facial massage therapy and cold therapy, offering the benefits of both. These cooling facial globes are known for their effectiveness, ease of use, simplicity, and convenience. The best part is that you don’t necessarily have to go to a spa. Instead, these globes make an excellent at-home facial ritual.
For a spa-at-home experience, we love using Sundree’s Cooling Facial Globe. Made using borosilicate glass and filled with a biodegradable gel, these Cooling Facial Globes are used to help minimize puffiness by decreasing inflammation and soothing redness while also helping to refine pores and stimulate blood circulation in order to help achieve a more radiant glow.
How Do Cooling Facial Globes Work?
Like ice and ice rollers, cooling globes work on the same principles. They constrict blood vessels on the face, providing a tightening effect. This tightening action results in blood rushing away from the treated areas and returning renewed. The renewed blood is packed full of nutrients and oxygen. The higher supply of essential nutrients and more oxygen provides the skin with the building blocks required for plump, radiant, and healthy skin. So if you are looking for a natural and non-invasive remedy to amp up your skin, facial globes can be just what you need.
How Cooling Facial Globes Help the Skin?
Now that we are familiar with what cooling facial globes are, let’s move on to how adding them as a step to your skincare routine can be beneficial for your skin and for which skin problems they are effective.¹
- Calms Inflammation - Cold therapy has long been used to minimize inflammation caused by the accumulation of toxic wastes and excess water. It does the job by boosting the body’s lymphatic system and facilitating better lymphatic drainage. It also treats inflammation resulting from broken capillaries and swollen tissues. Furthermore, the cooling effect helps relieve itchiness, redness, and irritation due to various skin conditions, sunburn, and allergic reactions.
- Tightens and Brightens the Skin - As mentioned earlier, cooling facial globes constrict blood vessels in the skin, leading to a firming effect. Also, the boosted supply of blood enriched in micronutrients keeps the skin in its youthful and healthy state for a lot longer. This helps prevent and minimize the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration, and fine lines. Better nourishment and a higher level of oxygen also support collagen production, the building block of the skin needed to keep the skin smooth and even-toned.
- Minimizes Pore Size - Generally, people with oily skin are more likely to face the problem of large pore size, which gives the skin an uneven and rough appearance. You may also notice enlarged pores due to the skin losing its elasticity as you age. The vessel-constricting action of cooling facial globes also helps to reduce the size of enlarged pores, yielding smoother and even skin texture.
- Helps Acne-prone Skin - Cooling facial globes provide a soothing and calming sensation that helps to relieve discomfort and redness associated with acne. Therefore, if you have an oily and acne-prone complexion, give these cooling globes a try. Cooling facial globes can also lessen irritation due to inflammatory skin problems.
- Reduces Dark Circles and Puffiness - Using a cooling facial globe is an effective and quick way of toning down under-eye bags or puffiness around the eyes. Also, the brightening effect reduces the appearance of dark under-eye circles. “Cool tools can be used to help reduce swelling and inflammation in the lower eyelids by reducing blood flow,” says aesthetic doctor, Dr. Maryam Zamani.²
- Enhances Product Absorption - If you want to take the effect of your skincare products, like serums, oils, moisturizers, eye patches, and facial sheet masks, to the next level, make sure to use them in tandem with cooling facial globes. Massaging the skin with a globe after applying your skincare products facilitates deeper absorption of your products, which in turn contributes to better and faster results.
- Sculpts Facial Outlines - Besides helping you take care of your skin concerns and maintaining a healthy and glowing complexion, cooling facial globes are great options for lifting and sculpting the face. Regular massage can help you achieve well-toned cheekbones, jawlines, and chin.
How to Use a Facial Globe on Your Face?
Cooling facial globes have taken the beauty world by storm due to the incredible benefits you can achieve. You can get a facial treatment that utilizes facial globes at the spa, or you can treat yourself in the comfort of your own home. It’s pretty easy to incorporate this tool into your skincare routine.
If you choose to carry out this relaxing procedure yourself, here’s an easy guide to using a cooling facial globe effectively:
- Prep Your Cooling Globe - The first step towards reaping the remarkable benefits of your cooling facial globe is to make sure it’s clean and free of any germs and impurities. Gently clean the globe with soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Chill Your Cooling Globe - Once your cooling globe is clean and dry, pop it in the fridge and let it cool for a couple of hours. For even better results, allow your cooling facial globe to chill overnight as you get your beauty sleep.
- Facial Massage - After cleaning and chilling your globe, it’s time to start gently massaging your face. Upward and outward movements are recommended if you want to lift and tighten the skin, while downward movements are helpful in boosting lymphatic drainage to reduce inflammation and puffiness.³ As we mentioned before, you can also use your globe after applying your favorite serum, oil, sheet mask, or moisturizer. Just apply your preferred product, then start massaging for enhanced product penetration.
- Clean the Cooling Globe - It’s suggested to clean your cooling facial globe before and after every use. Again, after each use, wipe it clean using soapy water, rinse and dry.
How Often Should You Use Your Cooling Globe?
Using a cooling facial globe is as simple as it sounds. The best thing about this facial treatment is that you can do it daily or even twice a day as a regular step in your daily morning and evening skincare routine.
If you want to start your day with de-puffing your face or eye area, lifting the skin, and looking refreshed, morning is the best time to use a cooling facial globe. Similarly, to relax your facial muscles, soothe the skin, and invigorate a tired and dull complexion, massage with your cooling facial globe before bedtime.
What It Comes Down To
The power of a cooling facial globe allows you to deal with a plethora of skin problems in the comfort of your home without any hassle. Cooling facial globes are used to soothe redness, decrease inflammation, refine pores, and boost circulation. They’re so easy to use; all you need to do is put them in the refrigerator for a few hours, take them out, and use them to gently massage your face to help achieve a radiant glow. So, get your cooling facial globe today and enjoy a spa-like relaxing experience in the comfort of your home.
- Corin, Tamara. (2021). ’10 best ice globes to bring a healthy glow to your face’, Indy/Best. Accessed September 1, 2021. Available at: https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/fashion-beauty/skincare/best-ice-globes-for-face-cryotherapy-b1812497.html
- Badkar, Aleesha. (2021). ‘Facial cooling globes are the latest skincare tool that promises to revive skin’, Woman&Home. Accessed September 1, 2021. Available at: https://www.womanandhome.com/us/beauty/skincare/ice-globes-for-face/
- Carey, Elea. (2019). ‘How to Perform Lymphatic Drainage Massage’, Accessed September 2, 2021. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-perform-lymphatic-drainage-massage