Effective Date: SEPTEMBER 1, 2021
- Scope of This Policy
- Agreement to Terms
- Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information (a) directly from you (such as when you create an account, order a product, fill out feedback forms or surveys, or send communications to us), (b) from the device and browser that you use to access the Service, and (c) from cookies and similar technologies.
We may collect your name, email address, account username and password, postal address, and phone number.
Financial and Transaction Information
We may collect payment details (such as credit or debit card information), billing address, and order history.
We use Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”) to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy/customers.
If you contact us, such as through email, we may collect any personal information that you share with us in your message. If you choose to leave a product review, we collect the content of your review, the rating that you assign to the product, and the date you submitted the review.
We may collect device information when you visit our Site. Device information may include your computer and mobile device type, browser type, online identifiers, IP address, and geolocation information.
We may collect information concerning your interaction with our Site, including when you access the Site and your browsing activity on the Site (such as which pages you visit, in what order, and for how long). This may include “traffic data” or tracking information provided by the Site’s host or similar providers (e.g., Google Analytics) that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the Service.
We store certain information that gets collected automatically at our end through cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small string of information that a website that you visit transfers to your browser for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity while using a website or across websites, and that information helps companies understand your preferences and tendencies, as well as improve and personalize your website experience. Some cookies are necessary to operate a website, while others can be functional, analytical, or used for marketing purposes, including targeted advertising (as discussed in more detail below). Cookies on our Site are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into password-protected portions of our Site and cookies that save items in your online shopping cart.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of users on our Site and understand how such users navigate through the Site (e.g., when and which pages are visited, in what order the pages are visited, and where a user is located). This helps improve how the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
We use Google Analytics for part of this process. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt-out of Google Analytics’ collection and use of data generated by your use of the Site by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Functional Cookies. These improve the functional performance of the Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you previously visited our Site and asked to remain logged into it (e.g., this saves your username). These cookies qualify as persistent cookies because they remain on your device for us to use during your next visit to on our Site.
- Marketing Cookies. These are used to track visitors across websites. These cookies are used to display ads that are relevant and engaging to you.
In addition, Shopify uses certain strictly necessary cookies to enable the online store to function properly as well as analytical/performance cookies. For more information regarding Shopify’s cookies, visit https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies.
You can prevent the use of certain cookies by modifying your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help,” “internet Options,” or “Settings.” If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you may still access our Site, however, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our Site (such as the shopping cart feature), and you may, for example, be required to re-enter your log-in details.
At this time, Sundree does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do-not-track” instructions.
- Children’s Privacy
The Service is not intended for users under the age of 18 and Sundree does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. If you are aware of, or suspect that, someone under the age of 13 is using the Service without permission, please notify us immediately by contacting us as detailed below. If you have questions or concerns about the Internet and privacy for your child, we encourage you to check out the FTC Guidelines for protecting your child’s privacy online.
- Our Use of Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Service to you and providing products or services requested by, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our relationship with, you;
- Managing our relationship with you;
- Responding to your inquiries or requests, and requesting feedback;
- Administering promotions, events, or surveys;
- Providing promotional material or other marketing materials that we believe will be of interest to you;
- Tracking use of your username and password to access our Site and your shopping cart;
- Personalizing our Site (e.g., displaying your name when you login to our Site);
- Analyzing use of our Site;
- Tailoring advertisements to what we believe will be of interest to you;
- Detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecuting those responsible; and
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Our Disclosure of Personal Information
Sundree may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers, including hosting providers and IT outsourcing, payment processors, shipping providers, and marketing providers. In some instances, service providers will be directly responsible to you for their use of your personal information. They may be obliged by law to provide you with additional information regarding the personal information that they hold about you and how and why they process that information. Further information may be provided to you in a separate notice or may be obtained from such service providers directly, for example, via their websites.
- Other users if you submit a product review.
- Advertising networks to provide you with relevant marketing.
- Advisers and financial institutions, including auditors, notaries, business continuity support service providers, and legal, tax, and risk and compliance advisors.
- Where permitted by applicable laws, with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, transfer, or assignment of assets or business merger, divestiture, or other changes to the control or financial status of the company.
- Government bodies, dispute resolution organizations, law enforcement agencies, or third parties in connection with (a) responding to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive; (b) cooperating in a law enforcement or similar investigation; or (c) otherwise protecting our rights, as applicable.
- Your Privacy Choices
If you no longer want to receive our newsletter, emails, or other marketing communications, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe options in the communication itself, selecting the opt-out option when you log into your user account or when you checkout, or by emailing us at the contact information in the How to Contact Us section below.
To opt-out of text messages, you may text “STOP” in reply to any Sundree marketing text message.
Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating directly to your account or purchases placed through our Site.
By logging into your account, you may view, update, and/or delete the addresses in your account. If you wish to delete your account, you may contact us at the contact details in the How to Contact Us section below. When you update or delete your information or account, Sundree may maintain a copy of the information in our internal records. Product reviews are retained by us and may be made available to other users.
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. We have implemented various security measures to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through the Service. Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. Although we seek to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our control.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your username or password with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, please contact us immediately at the information in the How to Contact Us section below.
- Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we may link to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content through our Site or App to provide increased value to our visitors. We have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection policies and practices independent from us. As such we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites. Please note that these other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information, and we encourage you to review their policies before engaging with these third-party sites.
- How to Contact Us